WRAPA Islamic Family Law (IFL) Project, conducts training for Upper & Lower Shari’a Court Judges
WRAPA, on the wings of its Islamic Family Law (IFL) Project, conducted a knowledge update/training of Upper & Lower Shari’a Court Judges in Zamfara and Jigawa States of Nigeria. This event was supported by the MacArthur Foundation.
The essence of this training was to;
- Address some of the knowledge gaps at the level of administrators of Islamic Family Law matters
- Provide insights and response to the issues around the administration of Khul’i divorce
- Make judicial process less cumbersome to even clientele.
- Disseminating & Contextualizing the WRAPA IFL research findings
- Increasing awareness to achieve shifts in practice&policies in the administration of Islamic Family Matters
- Highlighting controversies deterring women to seek justice
The training was done to achieve the following outcomes;
- Women’s improved access to justice
- Reduced gaps in administration of Family law matters
- Improved standards of response in Upper & Lower Shari’a Courts