Assistant Project Officer for Mitigating COVID-19 Impacts on Girls’ Education: Recovery and Resilience Project
Mitigating COVID-19 Impacts on Girls’ Education: Recovery and Resilience Project
TERMS OF REFERENCE (ToR)
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: Assistant Project Officer (APO)
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: 15th August 2020
End Date: 29th February 2022
Duration of Initial Contract: 18 Months
Line Manager: Senior Project Officer
1. Recruitment Role and Objective
To engage an Assistant Project Officer(APO) that will work under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Project Officer. The Assistant Project Officer will provide project support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work, on an intervention aimed at ensuring girls access to education, as a right is not truncated by the impacts of COVID-19 pandemic in the FCT, Adamawa, Sokoto, Katsina, Jigawa & Plateau States. The APO will work at the head office, in close collaboration with project team, project donor, its beneficiaries and consultants hired under the Project.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the project work plan, including budget and results framework.
- Support the delivery of the day-to-day project activities to ensure prompt and adequate delivery of results.
- Support the delivery of the MEAL framework development, and project baseline survey that informs network/partnership building, advocacy messaging and content.
- Support with technical input for the development of tools with policy and practice shift outcomes.
- Provide partners and the community groups with assistance, mentoring, use of project development tools as needed.
- Support the coordination of community dialogue, and engagement with key stakeholders that informs mobilization of collective action, popularization of project content, broad stakeholder buy-in, and project legitimacy.
- Support the drafting of quarterly and annual progress reports and donor reports, and organize progress reviews as necessary.
- Provide context based inputs to the development of conventional and new media platforms targeted at expanding space and citizen interface.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the project and disseminate information.
- Provide relevant success stories/storylines for publication and advocacy campaigns.
- Ensure compliance with Malala Foundation rules, policies, and procedures as well as donor/fund requirements.
- Assist in developing technical brief, reports and documentation as necessary.
- Support in reviewing project components, support the development of project documentation and timelines, assess delivery issues and works with state counterparts to build common understanding and coordination on projects activities.
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and project formulation/ implementation.
- Administrative support to organizing workshops and meetings
- Preparation of routine correspondence, memos and reports in accordance with WRAPA & Malala Foundation standard.
- Maintenance of project files, both hardcopy and electronic filing of all supporting documentation, project documents.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Participation in meetings and events related to the project.
- Project Result Framework & Baseline Report
- Design and execution of innovative education programmes incorporating family and community.
- Development of state specific policy advisories on facilitating re-enrolling girls in schools during & after COVID-19.
- Establishment of community voluntary groups.
- Evidence of expanded access to marginalized groups following the easing of lock-down and beyond.
- Developed and produced IEC on COVID-19 prevention.
- Execution of eight (8) radio programmes that results in increased community buy-in, and drive to sustain interventions during & beyond COVID-19.
- Established partnership with psycho-social experts which translates into improved feeling of both mental & physical safety of girls.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual work plan & reports.
- Compact directory of beneficiaries, relevant stakeholders and partners.
- Project documentation of best practice, success stories and lessons learned.
- Production of end of project report (both soft & hard copy).
- Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree/Master’s Degree in any Development, Administration, or related Social Sciences.
- Experience engaging, negotiation and organizing for broad based results
- Experience using communication to enact social change.
- Demonstrated ability to address social and behavior change issues in improving gender related issues.
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work with rural communities.
- Well-versed with working in MS office environment
- Good communication skill (both speaking and written) in English, and Hausa.
5. Method of application and deadline
Please send the following document as a single file to [email protected]
- Curriculum Vitae & Cover letter detailing your experience addressing the key responsibilities & requirements.
- Deadline for application is 18th August, 2020.
- Application sent after the deadline will not be accepted.
NB: Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.